Saturday, June 7, 2008

1 Year DONE!!! Good Job Mark

Wow! We made it through out first year. Mark survived his M1 year and finished up his finals with honors. I am so proud of him. He works hard and still makes time for the family. He even found time his first semester to tutor many of his fellow students in Anatomy. He has a strong background in Anatomy and he said it helped him review it when he could help others study. His efforts didn't go unnoticed. He received a letter in the mail informing him that his was a co-recipient of a the Henry J. Prentiss Award for Superior Achievement in Medical Gross Anatomy. Which I teased him about at first saying that it was a "major award" and that he would get a leg lamp at the ceremony, but really...it was cool. He received it because he excelled above and beyond the norm in the class and that is a big accomplishment. I still think a leg lamp would have been funny. ( For those who don't know what I'm referring to watch The Christmas Story) Now that we have wrapped up our first school year here, Mark is working on research with a radiologist at the hospital. We see him a lot more, so that's fun and we work in the yard a lot...not so fun. It's hot and humid now, but really we have enjoyed trying to make our yard nice. It's a lot of work and I think it will take us all summer, but it will be good to look back at how much we accomplished. I planted my first garden and I have things sprouting up all over. Little corn stalks EVERYWHERE after all, this is IOWA. Fun!

3 comments:

*Jamie * said...

GREAT JOB Marky Mark!!!!
Jamie, Finn, and I are so excited for you and your family. Great accomplishment. You will win the world of medicine over with that sweet Danish smile and qucik wit of yours.
AMAZING!
LOVE YA.

Daniel

P.S. Is this lamp that i'm sending you... F R A G I l E? "It must be French"?

Some call me MiMi...but you can call me whatever you want. said...

GO Mcsteamy!! That is awesome!!
the hair is lookin' good.

morg said...

ryan actually got a leg lamp for his birthday this year...